Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Why didn't I see this before??

An Amazing gift, promise, get out of jail free card...whatever you want to call it-it's here!! (and it always has and will be!)

In John 15:7, it says,If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, you will ask whatever you desire, and it will be done for you.”



Read this verse twice, now read it again. Do you see it?! Do you see the word of God straight from Him telling us that if we remain in Him and His words remain in us, then whatever we desire or ask for, God will give it to us!

If that does not make you want to shout for joy, and spread the Word of the Most Holy, Most High, and the most amazing, awesome God that rules the universe, then you need to read the verse again!

It is so clear!! This is a challenge for us, as Christians. We need to take up that challenge, and for me, I can't believe how many times that I have read this and missed the whole point! For me, the challenge will be to read more of God's Word so that The Word will remain in me.

How amazing would it be to ask for anything and God would grant that request? Think about that for a minute...God can do anything...let's take God up on this challenge. Why not read or memorize His Word so that it remains in you.


What will you do with this message? Does this challenge you?


Ric Alden

6 comments:

  1. That certainly does challenge me! Thank you for posting this! It is very encouraging - I think I'll memorize some scripture today. ;-)

    ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same with me Tori!! I saw this, and it blew my mind away!! I am thankful that this helped you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good Eric. ...I mean Ric. ;)

    It is something to think about. :) And...remember that all is in His perfect will. It's amazing. He is SO good!

    Thanks for posting. :)
    Sis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you doing okay, Eric? I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it has been a tough week so far. I am now battling a head cold, and then I found out I missed a shift at work yesterday. Thankfully it wasn't my fault, but now people are cranky at me, and so yeah.

    Schoolwork..hmmm. i think I may have a plan. If I can get year 11 done, and I can work over the summer, I may be able to save enough money to go to school for the last year (12th grade) It would help me so much more to have a teacher.

    Thanks for praying for me, I really appreciate it.

    How are you going, sister.

    Your Bro,
    Eric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just got over a head cold. Still got it a little. I am praying for you, Eric. I know you are having a hard time. I wish SO much that there was something I could do to help.

    That does sound like a good plan. I will certainly keep you in my prayers there.

    Of course. :) I love praying. :)

    I am doing pretty well. Had a rough time lately. But God is SO good. His mercy is revealed through trials in the most beautiful way. :)

    Your sis,
    Anna ;)

    ReplyDelete