Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Another work of Ric's

A Sinner’s Prayer

My Jesus, my King, what have I done?
I have sinned against you, yet again.
Please forgive me, bring me back to your Son,
For I do not wish to be a servant of Satan’s; but yours, Lord.


Praise the Lord! He lifts up my soul!
He heals the sick, and listens to the prayers
Of those in need, and to those that cry out,
Who are longing for their suffering to come to an end.

Lord, you are the Most High, the King of Kings,
You rule the universe, and everything is known to you.
You knew me before my birth and everything about me,
Even what my thoughts are and will be.

Thankyou Lord for saving me from sin,
For if not for you, I would be enslaved by it.
Let me now be allowed to bask in your presence,
And see the glory of the One and Almighty Jehovah.

                                                                        

                                                                                   ~Ric Alden

50 comments:

  1. That is simply beautiful, Eric! I mean...Ric! ;)

    Really though...it reminds me of the Psalms. It's just very soothing and lovely to read.

    Thank you for sharing that! :)
    Would you mind if I shared it on the Truth Seekers blog? If you would rather not...I understand. :)

    Your sis,
    Clare Ronalds :P (Since we are using Pen names here lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, you certainly may use it for wherever you like. I spoke with Ric, and he is more than happy for a certain young Lady to use his work.

    Yeah, I sat down, and the words just seemed to flow from my brain to my fingers, so I think that the Lord wanted me to do it!

    I trust that your day went well, and that you are in good health??

    God Bless,
    Eric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ric is very kind. :) I will go post it now...

    Do you want me to use your pen name or can I use your real name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pen name if you don't mind. lol I'd rather not use my real name as it is better to remain anonymous...Clare ;)


    Thanks for asking, anyway, Anna. Ric is happy for you to use anything that he produces, and he said he'd do anything for you :) He is impressed by your works and enjoys your voice to!

    bro;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand. ;) Very well...I will use your pen name.

    Ric is far too kind to say he would do anything. Not many people (at all) would be truly willing.

    I recorded a new song...

    sis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I please have the link to the new song. It is so not fair that you don't give it to me!! lol jokes.

    i think I will show it to Ric! He will be excited to hear the latest hit single from his favourite artist!!

    What is the song?? Britt Nicole??

    Trust me, Ric would do it. ;)

    Bro ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha..well...I admit I said it and didn't post the link just to be a tease. :P Sowwy *puppy eyes*

    His favorite artist?! Poor Ric must not hear much music... lol

    Yes...Britt Nicole. Set the World on Fire. :D
    This is the VERY FIRST of this style I have actually sung. I have played around with a couple before...but this is the first really and I recorded it last night. I sang it really for the first time night before last. And my timing is off. It needs work...

    Okay...I am done making excuses for my voice. :P lol...sure...I will share...but I warn you. It needs much work. ;) You are kind to take an interest. :) Don't turn it up too loud or it will fuzz. ;)

    http://www.box.net/shared/qx2td40e1c8q5d1mp5cq

    Again...Ric is very very kind. A good friend. :)

    Sis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like it Anna! Grace heard it to, and she said that you sung it just like britt nicole!!!


    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You showed Grace?! lol...

    She's sweet too! ;)

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, she heard it, and because britt nicole is one of her favourite artists, I thought it would be nice for her.

    Anna I hope it was ok to show her.


    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. I love Britt Nicole too! Grace has very good tastes in music if she likes her lol. You know I had never heard her before you showed me "the lost get found"? :D

    Oh yes! It was completely fine that you showed her. ;) I really have enjoyed talking with her and think we are friends...so of course, I don't mind you showing her. :)


    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, she likes you, and she told me that you get into trouble a lot?? I do not believe that!!

    You? in trouble? Thats impossible!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. She does?! :D That's really nice. I like her a lot too. ;)

    Hehe...so...y'all talk about me without me there eh? lol...

    Me in trouble. NOT impossible. At all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah sorry, I just cannot picture that in my mind!!

    Nah, I would have to see it with my own eyes to believe it, but then again, I do not want to see you in trouble!!
    I am just recording a new song. It is called fast car! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well...it happens. ;) I am human after all lol
    I hope you never HAVE to see me in trouble lol! ;)

    Oh, I can't wait to hear it! :D

    How's Grace doing?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grace is fine. She is playing games on my laptop at the moment!!

    Hey, she and I are going to do a recording for you. (A personal message):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tell her I say hello! And you are a very good brother to let her use your new laptop! ;D

    Really?! :D *smiles big in real life* I can't wait to hear it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok we are uploading the next box.net file for you. It is me and Grace talking to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok here it is.

    http://www.box.net/shared/eqiivx95gf85gqe4ngb5

    our american friend chris walked in unexpectedly, and so he is on the recording!!

    Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, what do you think o Chris??

    ReplyDelete
  21. I told you in the other post. ;)

    And...I posted my aussie accent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed it, Anna. Thanks for posting it up there.

    By the way, you didn't tell me that you and your family was posted to Germany.

    Grace thought it would be cool if you were posted to Australia, but I said that it was impossible.

    Look forward to hearing from you, sis,

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    Yes we were! :)

    Oh, yes...that would have been very neat! We can't get stationed anywhere any more though since dad is a civilian. But, you already know that I'd love to visit Australia sometime anyways. ;)

    :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah, I do know that...lol You reckon that you could live over here with the roos and drop bears everywhere??


    *laughs quietly to myself*

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha...I think I could manage...I LOVE animals...especially exotics! I would probably have to OWN a couple! ;) I bet it's really different from Bama over there lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Own a couple. I reckon that I could handle owning a cockatoo that talks, and a dog and cat, but owning a roo or koala.....no thanks!!

    I am sure that your yard would be filled with exotic animals and it would be a regular zoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. haha...well, I have never even seen one...except at the zoo I think. Really...I would love to see what they are like in the wild! Oh...and get some pictures! :D I LOVE photography. :D

    Haha...well...maybe. I am learning NOT to have a ton of animals! :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are a regular animal lover, sis!!

    I don't know if I could handle that!! lol just joking.

    So your staying a while longer? I hope ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am! :D I love dogs the most I think though. ;) I LOVE my German Shepherd, Luther. :)

    Haha...well...don't you like animals at all?

    I am for a few minutes. Dad may call me to go to bed though...so I am not sure. Hope I can stay for a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have a german shepherd?? Luther?? yeah I get it.

    I have always wanted a golden retriever!

    i do like animals, but not really close to them, animals live on the floor, not on my bed lol

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes. He is almost a year old. :) And very sweet! I love how he runs to me whenever I go outside! :D

    Really? Those are WONDERFUL dogs! :D

    haha...I understand that. And I am actually the same way...though I do love our little Yorkie when she curls up with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anna,

    Yorkie, cuddling up is different from sleeping with a dog, but cuddling up can be smelly for the human!!

    Yeah I like dogs and cats, and in our family we have always had one in the family.

    Oh yeah, Grace wants you to check out her blog. I think she wants you to look at the pics she put up.;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Haha...our Yorkie stays pretty clean though. ;)

    I saw pix of your black cat on Grace's blog. :D

    Okay. :) I saw some of them...I'll go look! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yeah I think there are new pics of me destroying an old piano yesterday. It kinda felt wrong, but it was sssoooo heavy. it was a steel piano, so it weighed a ton!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Okay...so that WAS you. :D I thought it was. :) Yes, I saw those pix and commented! ;)

    Wow...I bet it was heavy! Did you move it alone?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yeah, I did move it by myself, and it was really heavy, and thankfully Grace was there if I needed help, so it was good.


    Anna I must say that your an extrordinary young person.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! Pianos are hard to move...I imagine it took a lot of muscle work lol.

    You really think so? Thank you, Eric. To God be the glory...
    And I must say the same for you. :) Very few value what you do...and it's a blessing to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh and Eric...
    I made the last of your girl's bows today. :) I am going to wait until after our vacation to send them though. I hope that is okay. I DO have a good reason. ;)

    I'm feeling lonely today so I have been reading all the messages back and forth lol...

    Hope we can talk tomorrow! :)

    Christ be with you,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anna,

    I am sorry that you feel lonely. I truly am. I felt lonely only yesterday, and it is hard.

    I passed the time praying, and after that I prayed some more, and you kept coming to mind, so I prayed for you lots.

    I look forward to our next talk, and yes, it is encouraging to re-read the messages. I am about to post some new photos that my friend took of me riding a motorbike.

    I am praying for you Sister.
    And remember that we may be in a different continent, but prayer has no boundaries, and no limits.

    In Christ our Saviour,
    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  40. It is hard. But it can be good for us at the same time. It made me pray even more than normal. ;) And I did pray for you a good deal. Thank you so much for praying for me. :)

    I loved the pictures of you on the motorbike! THat looks like so much fun. :D

    Thank you. :)
    And yes...it's amazing when you sit back and realize just HOW FAR Australia is from America. It is so far...and yet that space means nothing with Christ. :) Prayer has no limits, as you said. :)

    I am praying for you. :)
    Your sis,
    Anna

    Oh...and please check this out. I know you would want to know.
    http://www.therebelution.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14475

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hey Sis,

    I already saw that thread, and thanks for making sure that I actually got it. I will be praying for him. You understand of course that I am not going to write on the thread.


    Yes, we are a long way, but Christ is good. :)
    How was your day? How was church?

    Not long before you go on vacation...It is going to be different without my big sis :( but I will pray for you lots.

    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  42. I understand. And yes...do be praying for him. Ellie said he is having a hard time.

    Christ is VERY good! :D
    Church was amazing! :) The sermon was excellent and I got to talk to a very good friend of mine about my book afterwards. :D He's being a big help. I am excited about writing my book after vacation! :D

    Yes....vacation is soon. And I know :( It will be sad to be away for so long. But thank you for praying and I promise to be praying for you!!!

    How are you doing?

    Your sis,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sister,
    I am doing really well. I have my eyes set on Jesus and I am not doing this schoolwork for man, but Jesus. That helps me keep focused.
    I didn’t know that your writing a book. What is about??
    Bro

    ReplyDelete
  44. Good, Eric. Keep looking to Jesus...I LOVE the song "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" it's simply beautiful.

    I am praying for your schoolwork. I know you can do it. :)

    My book is actually a murder mystery. I am trying very hard to make sure it is focused on Christ. No one gets murdered actually. :D It's kind of neat...

    The main character's (Bentley Fletcher) cell phone starts sending out text messages saying that he is going to kill himself in a certain amount of days...but HE did not send the texts. So...he realizes that someone wants to kill him. And he has to solve his own murder.
    Oh...and there's a girl! lol She's really neat. I like her...and she is a very strong Christian. They both are. :D I am really excited about it! :D It won't get published, but I am just excited to be writing again. I didn't for a while and I missed it a lot.

    Hehe...sorry. I can go on and on about writing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. A murder mystery?? Oh yes very neat. There is nothing about this book or the characters that isn't 'neat'!! Maybe epic??

    That sounds really interesting, Anna. I never would have guessed that you wrote murder!! Do you like murder mysteries??

    I am guessing it will be written by Clare Ronalds?

    ReplyDelete
  46. I HOPE it is epic lol

    Well, I do if they are clean. I don't mind blood (as long as it is not ridiculous). But I like clean books with no cussing or...adult content (if you know what I mean) My FAVORITE murder mystery (and one of my favorite books ever) is called "Double Minds". :D It is REALLY good. And VERY Christian!

    Actually, I think I will use my real name. I only use Clare Ronalds when I want to be private. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Double minds ay??

    Yeah I get what you mean with adult content and cussing. It is such a pity that movies have all that garbage these days. I am thankful for movies like Flywheel, and Facing the Giants, (I love american football) and I hope to see courageous and fireproof soon.

    I think that you will be a good author, sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yes, double minds. :) Here is the trailer for the book... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFgJf1OLXvc

    Yes, I know. My younger brother likes making movies...I hope he uses it for Christ. We need more good, family friendly movies.

    Thanks, Eric. :)

    ReplyDelete