Monday, 19 September 2011

An old song

I haven't heard this song in years, but I heard it tonight, and these words were just perfect to worship our King!




I love you, Lord, and I lift my voice
To worship you, Oh my soul rejoice!
Take joy, my King, in what you hear
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear

I love you, Lord, and I lift my hands
To worship you as my soul demands
Take joy, my King, in what you see
May I be a sweet, sweet child on your knee

I love you, Lord, and I lift my voice
To worship you, Oh my soul rejoice!
Take joy, my King, in what you hear
Make it a sweet, sweet sound in your ear

Make it a sweet, sweet sound in your ea

42 comments:

  1. That is simply beautiful! I don't think I have ever heard it before. I love, love the words. So...so just soothing to read.

    Thank you for sharing that, Eric. :)

    Your sis,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is actually a song. I am thinking of recording it. Would you like to hear it sis??

    The words are soothing, aren't they?

    God is good.

    Your Bro,
    Eric (aka) FB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I would LOVE to hear it! :)

    They are very soothing. I bet with your kind and calming voice the song is just like a lullaby lol.

    God is very good. I like to see you say that. :)

    Your sis,
    Anna (aka) fellow dragon :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister,
    I will record the song for you sometime, then. Soon I promise. One of my favourite things to do is to play and sing a lullaby to the little ones as they fall asleep. The special moment is to sit there in the quiet and listen to their soft breathing. And it is so special because you know that they are sleeping peacefully, and they know that they are in safe hands and that we are there to protect and look after them.
    Sorry for that longish rant sis!!

    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to it! :) Only if you have time. ;)

    Oh, I love doing that too. :) I often sing in my room at night my girls (little sisters) can hear it and they fall asleep to it.

    Don't apologize! :) I have said before...I enjoy "rants" ;) And not many guys care about that kind of thing...caring about children and all. :)

    Your sis,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little children are a gift from God, and it is so sad that some folks forget that or don't know it!!


    I can't explain how much the little kids mean to me.

    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are!!!! I LOOOOOOVE kids. :) I wish they were looked at as the blessing they really are. Most people don't see them that way any more.

    Hehe...I can't either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to go now, sis. I am having a break for a couple of hours, then getting back onto the books from after dinner to about 11 or 12, so I will catch up later.

    Feel free to do that message for me. nudge nudge hint hint

    BUT...only if you have time. ok?

    Thanks so much for talking, sis. I really enjoy and appreciate it.

    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am praying for you. :)

    And I hope to do the message soon. ;)

    And I enjoy talking to VERY much. Sad that we have to cut back on it. But I am thankful that you understand. :)

    Your sis,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. :)

    http://www.box.net/shared/o25t2kn6oua3g10t3vj2

    sorry if I sound tired lol...I am ;)

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. anna.....
    I am speachless. You voice is so clear and calm and cool. Yes, you did sound a bit tired, but that was my fault as I guess that I kinda forces you to do it so soon. I apologise sis.

    Don't thank me for letting you be my sis. You were my sis before we even met!! I guess we are all brothers and sisters, but some people would rather not have it that way.

    You sounded more sincere than anyone I have ever heard. Thankyou for doing that sis. I have listened to it a number of times, and I am about to go listen again.

    Thanks so much for praying for me. As you said, it is comforting to know that we are praying for each other.

    Well sis, I pray for you a lot, so God doesn't forget about you, because I keep reminding Him!!!

    And I am going to go praise the Lord for our friendship, and for what a wonderful big sister you are.

    In Christ,
    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://www.box.net/shared/f3ry116xk67o9acmxfb6

    Link to the Song, as I promised. :)

    I am praying for you sister.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok Anna, here is my reply.

    http://www.box.net/shared/61uouac31qcexu8ng12v

    I am praying lots for you.

    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Eric...
    I have not been able to listen to the song yet. But i hope to soon. :)
    I have had a looong tiring and stressful day. we are SO busy. But then I got online and listened to your message.
    Eric...thank you. I just...thank you. It was such a blessing to listen to that! Thank you thank you. I hope to reply soon. :) Thank you, brother.

    Your sis,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sis,

    You take all the time you need to reply. If your tired, then thats ok. I completely understand.

    Please, do not prioritise me on your list. You have other important things to do.

    Praying for you sister,

    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to reply. :)

    And my friends are very high on my list. :) Especially my good ones. ;)

    Thank you. Praying for you too!

    your sis,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sis,
    You do so much for me, and others. Thanks so much for replying. It means a lot. Something special about hearing the persons voice that you are talking to isn't it??

    I will pray that you get a good nights rest.

    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://www.box.net/shared/5sfyr8zoey22ihp7lsff

    :) I had to be quiet again because it's late. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anna,

    You have certainly brightened up my day!!

    Thanks so much. I will reply later Lord willing. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. It means a lot.

    I pray that the Lord will bless and keep you safe in His arms.

    Praying for you sister,
    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  20. http://www.box.net/shared/p4ncrvpxne5xxfkd93lk

    I had to be quiet too. :)

    Thanks so much sis. You are wonderful. :)

    God Bless, and I am praying for you a lot.
    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Eric :)

    Thank you SO much for that message. :)

    I will try to reply soon so that I can get it to you before we leave.

    praying for you. :)
    Your sis,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://www.box.net/shared/04m33sp4p1erhuu4o150

    Sorry this was shorter...I wanted to say a lot more, but I don't have much time right now since we are getting ready to leave tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thats ok Anna. I understand.

    I am just downloading at the moment so that I can listen to it.

    Thanks so much for doing it.


    Praying for you to :)
    Your Bro,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh and by the way, do you want me to reply or not??

    I understand if you do not have time to listen to it.

    Bro

    ReplyDelete
  25. Please understand what I say in it.

    I trust you when you say you understand and are loyal. So I am trying not to be nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can reply if you want. I think it would be fine one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ok, I am going to go listen to it now, Anna.

    I will reply back soon hopefully.


    Bro

    ReplyDelete
  28. Alright. If you have time. Not sure how much longer I will be able to be online...but I want very much to hear your reply.

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am uploading it to box.net now, sis.....standby.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope you can understand me, sis. lol for this one you have to watch the time, because I say bye when I don't actually go!!

    It was a bit funny for me.

    Also, I really appreciate what you said in the last one. I know how hard that must have been for you, sister.

    Bro;) There's that wink again!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you Eric. you have eased my mind greatly. I have wanted to cry a couple times. I know it sounds silly. But I was so afraid of losing the friendship.

    Is it uploaded yet? I don't have much more time...

    ReplyDelete
  32. By the time you get this and read it, I will be getting the link ready. sorry I am doing the best.

    Yes, I realize how hard it must have been for you, and it is ok to cry sometimes, but no, you didn't lose the friendship, sis. :)

    It is finishing uploading now. The next comment will have it.
    Bro;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. http://www.box.net/shared/kez70e2s67jzh18pcd9f

    I hope that we can talk again soon sis.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you. I am VERY sorry if I seemed pushy. I was just letting you know taht I have to go in a second.

    Thank you Eric. Thank you thank you thank you.

    Okay. :)

    Sis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your weren't pushy sis. lol you didn't even blow fire out of your dragon nostrils!! :D lol

    SOrry I took so long. But I hope it encourages you.

    Is it ok if I keep the ones that you have already sent me? I like to listen to them a lot.

    Bro ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just listened to it.

    Eric...thank you. Wow...I just am amazed that you understand like you do. Thank you SO much.

    God is so good to send me a friend and brother like you.

    I am just soooo blessed to know that you understand and appreciate my dad's rules. Thank you Eric...I can't say thank you enough. I almost cried...but from joy this time.

    Thank you.

    ANd yes, you may keep the messages. :) I will keep yours too. I enjoy them also. :)

    Thank you, Eric. You are a truly wonderful and rare brother. :)

    Sis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sis,

    It is easy for me to understand your dads rules, because I have been hurt and I know how important it is when you need to protect the things that are important.

    Bro

    ReplyDelete
  38. Well, praise the Lord that you understand. I know the hurt is hard...but perhaps God is using it for good in some way.

    This will be my last reply for now, Eric.

    I am praying for you a lot. May Christ keep and bless you.

    Your sis,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anna,

    Just wanted to say a BIG thankyou for taking the time to pray, to write, and record messages for me. I really enjoyed the recorded ones, and it means a lot to know that you took the time to do that.

    Thanks sis, your wonderful!

    In Christ,
    Your Bro Eric;)

    ReplyDelete